Apple currently uses the Apple ID and the iCloud account to manage in-app purchases. All transactions are bound to your Apple ID, so you can restore them easily. iCloud is also used to manage subscription cycles and expirations.
As a general rule recommend using the same email account for both your Apple ID account and your iCloud account to restore purchases easily on any iOS device. This will also help with your Family sharing account.
First, do the following to restore your subscription:
- go to the App Settings
- Tap Restore subscription
- Type your password if needed
This should restore your past purchases. If this did not help, try logging out of your Apple ID, log back in.
If logging back in didn't help, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from your device to make sure no corrupted data would conflict with your purchases. Then, check if you're logged in to the right account on your device:
- Go to your device Settings
- For iOS 10 and above, tap your name on top
- Scroll down to iCloud and App and iTunes Stores
- Verify these are the same accounts you used to purchase content. You can verify the iTunes purchase history on your PC/Mac. Go to this page for more information.
This is very important, as purchases are tied to the Apple ID you won't be able to restore purchased content if you're using a different account.
- Search for the app on the App Store
- Download the version, you should see a cloud icon next to it
NOTE: if the icon is not there, this means the Apple ID you're using did not download this app before
- Your purchases should automatically be restored after you boot the app
If your purchases were not restored and you're connected to the right iCloud account and Apple ID, try the following (iOS 10):
- Open the App Store app
- Tap Featured icon at the bottom 10 times
- Open the app
If the above didn't help you restore your purchase, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of your purchase history, so we can find an alternative solution. You'll find more info on this page.